Essays Published in Edge Effects and Camas

Now and then, I submit my writing for publication. Far less frequently, it gets published. Well, today was one of those rare days. Head over to Edge Effects to read my essay, "Cottonwoods in Concrete: A Call for Collaborative Survival among Ruins." Edge Effects is a fascinating digital magazine produced by the Center for Culture, History, and Environment at the University of Wisconsin, Madison.


If you're more a fan of print media, I invite you to check out Camas: The Nature of the West, a biannual literary magazine produced by graduate students at the University of Montana. My essay, "The Sea Star's Warning," was published in the Winter 2015 issue, which can be purchased for $5.


And to all of you who read Natural Selections, thank you for putting up with nearly 150 posts (so far) that never benefitted from the red pen of an editor! Are any of you writers? Have you submitted your writing to a magazine? Let me know in the comments :)